The Enzian Theater and accompanying Florida Film Festival is looking for a new Executive Director. In recent months, Peg O'Keefe and Shannon Lacek have since moved on.
Here is the official job description from the Enzian:
Enzian Theater and Florida Film Festival
Title: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
Enzian Theater is a nonprofit cinema arts organization and café. It produces the nationally recognized Florida Film Festival and year round independent and foreign film programming.
Enzian is offering a great opportunity for an Executive Director to lead this exciting, entrepreneurial organization. The Executive Director is responsible for the Enzian’s consistent achievement of its mission to entertain, enlighten, educate, and connect the community through film.
We are seeking an innovative, energetic individual with extensive experience as an executive or senior program manager in community non-profit organizations. Previous arts/ festival and food and beverage management experience is helpful. Individual must have proven success as an imaginative leader, especially with regard to strategic planning, new ventures, and fundraising. Must have highly effective management skills, including hiring/recruitment and supervision of staff and volunteers.
The Executive Director will:
! Work collaboratively with the board to ensure that the organization has a strategic direction which achieves its mission, and towards which it makes consistent and timely progress.
! Work closely with the board and staff to develop and carry out organizational and financial plans that ensure fiscal stability, high-quality programs, new initiatives, and a positive community presence.
! Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
! Oversee the Florida Film Festival and fund-raising events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. See that the board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it.
2. Publicize the activities, programs, and goals of the organization.
3. Develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders, patrons, agencies, organizations, and the general public.
4. Promote Enzian's visibility and serve as its primary spokesperson in the community and with the media.
5. Create or oversee all correspondence and other communications relating to Enzian grant-making, fundraising, board meetings, and community outreach.
6. Jointly, with the designated officers of the board of directors, conduct official correspondence of the organization and execute legal documents.
1. Provide imaginative, innovative, and energetic leadership and maintain a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
2. Be responsible for the recruitment and employment of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers.
3. See that an effective management team is in place with appropriate provisions for succession.
4. Ensure that job descriptions are developed, regular performance evaluations are held, and sound human resource practices are in place.
5. Encourage staff and volunteer development and education, and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization.
6. Foster collegial relationships with the members of the board.
7. Work closely with the President to develop and facilitate meeting agendas and, as appropriate, participate in board meetings.
Budget and Finance
1. Work with the staff and the board in preparing a budget; see that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
2. Maintain bookkeeping/accounting systems, prepare or provide oversight of tax returns and compliance reports, and ensure an accurate annual financial review or audit.
3. Secure funds, earned revenue, grants, and donations to meet the organization’s goals.
Educational Background, Experience and Skills:
! BA/BS degree in Non-Profit Management, Marketing, Communications, Business, Public Administration or related studies
! Exceptional communication skills, including facilitation experience.
! Proficiency in the use of technology and various software programs.
! Ability to build and maintain relationships with multiple constituencies.
! Business savvy, including financial management and budgeting experience.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and record of successful achievement. Enzian Theater is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Executive Director Search
1300 South Orlando Avenue
Maitland, FL 32751