Back to Crew Call list
Positions: Front of House Manager (Part Time)
Title of Project: Front of House Manager (Part Time)
Production Company: Clermont Performing Arts Center
Contact Person: Human Resources
Other Contact Info: (352) 241-7380
Pay (low/no/scale) : paid
Please apply for the job at www.clermontfl.gov under job descriptions
The description of the job is shown below.
The Front of House Manager oversees the day of operations of each show. The position manages and coordinates volunteers, concessions, and non-technical issues that arise during show day. On non-show days, the position is responsible for hospitality and advancement of each upcoming show. This position is responsible for assisting with marketing and overseeing of box office operations, and works under general supervision.
This position is non-exempt. Fair Labor Standards Act overtime provisions will apply.
Primary Duties:These job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees may be assigned additional duties by management as deemed necessary.
- Oversees all volunteers, shift assignments, and volunteer training programs related to the Clermont Performing Arts Center (CPAC).
- Oversees outside contractor and concession vendor ensuring that all details, standards, and regulations are upheld.
- Responsible for the management of the start times of all shows ensuring that programs begin when scheduled and will make executive decisions on whether or not to hold shows.
- Participate in outside special and community related events to promote the CPAC.
- Oversees all box office operations to include ticketing and ushers.
- Provides exceptional service to internal and external customers, receives and responds to inquiries and requests for assistance, and concerns and complaints in areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for marketing individual shows and overall theatre season while working with City and/or contracted marketing staff.
- Required to be present before, during, and after all CPAC related shows.
- Required to work rotating shifts, evenings, weekends, and holidays as directed.
Minimum Qualifications:Education and Experience:
An equivalent combination of higher education and experience may be considered, provided that the education and is in a relevant and related field.
- High School Diploma or an acceptable equivalency diploma/GED.
- Four (4) years' experience in a theatre setting and environment not related to school.
- Two (2) years' of supervisory experience in a closely related field is preferred.
- Experience with online marketing, mass email distributions programs, online ticketing programs, and understanding of social media marketing strategies.
Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations:
- Valid Florida Class "E" Driver's License
Essential Physical Functions & Environmental Conditions:Essential Physical Functions
The City of Clermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Americans with Disabilities Act requires the City to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss potential accommodations with management.
Continual light work and occasional heavy work exerting up to 50-pounds of force on a regular basis, requires frequent walking and standing, climbing, stooping, reaching, bending, good finger/hand dexterity and hand/eye coordination, good eyesight, hearing and speech, ability to ride a bicycle, and regular driving of a city vehicle and/or utility vehicle.
Works outdoors in all weather conditions (heat/cold) for extended periods of time. Exposed to various elements including bright/dim lights, dust/pollen, noise, and moving vehicles and machinery. Works inside an environmentally controlled environment.