Back to Crew Call list
Positions: Stage Technician (Part Time)
Title of Project: Stage Technician (Part Time)
Production Company: Clermont Performing Arts Center
Contact Person: Human Resources
Other Contact Info: (352) 241-7380
Pay (low/no/scale) : paid
Location: Clermont, FL
Please apply at www.clermontfl.gov under job openings.
Please see below for job description
|The stage technician serves to oversee backstage activities, follow spot operator and provides technical support to all shows and rentals as needed. This position assists with light hangs, back line installs and any other needs required by show riders or rental requirements. The position works under direct supervision. |
This position is non-exempt. Fair Labor Standards Act overtime provisions will apply.
| Primary Duties:|
|These job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees may be assigned additional duties by management as deemed necessary.|
- Performs equipment maintenance and work closely with clients to meet show deadlines and goals.
- Understands and interpret stage plots and theatrical stage schematics, as well as timelines pertaining to show rentals.
- Operates lighting or audio consoles for performances as assigned.
- Solves problems under pressure while maintaining composure and interacting with others in a positive and respectful manner.
- Required to work rotating shifts, evenings, weekends and holidays as directed.
| Minimum Qualifications:|
|Education and Experience: |
An equivalent combination of higher education and experience may be considered, provided that the education and is in a relevant and related field.
- High school graduation or an acceptable equivalency diploma/GED.
- Four (4) years' technical stage operations experience for a variety of live entertainment productions.
- Solid understanding of theatrical lighting and audio/video principles.
- Preferred knowledge and experience in theatrical rigging, operating and programming ETC Lighting Consoles (Eos Family), familiarity with Behringer X32 digital studio consoles, and audio signal flow; troubleshooting with rental/show-provided equipment and technicians; and video systems to include signal flow, video switching components and general audio visual.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD, VectorWorks, and Outlook.
Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations:
- Valid Florida Class "E" Driver's License
| Essential Physical Functions & Environmental Conditions:|
|Essential Physical Functions|
The City of Clermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Americans with Disabilities Act requires the City to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss potential accommodations with management.
Continual light work and occasional heavy work exerting up to 50-pounds of force on a regular basis, requires frequent walking and standing, climbing, stooping, reaching, bending, good finger/hand dexterity and hand/eye coordination, good eyesight, hearing and speech, ability to operate a scissor or single person lift, and regular driving of a city vehicle and/or utility vehicle. Must be comfortable working at heights in excess of 50 feet.
Works outdoors in all weather conditions (heat/cold) for extended periods of time. Exposed to various elements including bright/dim lights, dust/pollen, noise, and moving vehicles and machinery. Works inside in an environmentally controlled space but will intermittently work in areas of bright lights and sounds. It is essential that the employee in the position is alert to safety hazards.